Contact Info
Links/Resources
Site Map
Site News
Site Search

Message Forum Archives

New Article

Posted by Scott on August 21, 2001 at 17:37:31:

I've posted an article that was written back in May. The article can be found in the Film Section under the new Insights subsection: "Hollywood's Revisionist History: Mel Gibson, Braveheart and The Patriot." Check it out. It ought to add fuel for the message forum.

Posted by King George III on August 23, 2001 at 14:07:23:
In Reply to: New Article posted by Scott on August 21, 2001 at 17:37:31:

Scott, this was very interesting stuff. I thought it was detailed and unbiased. Well done. Unfortunately, I think that we simply have to accept Hollywood producing bastardised versions of real historical events. I'd like to see them being a bit more responsible with their subject matter. Regardless of what people say, huge films like this influence many every day peoples' opinions and prejudices. Most people acquire their understanding of history from popular entertainment, much more so than dry history lessons.

We should all be more cautious of what we see in films that purport to be accurate. After all, the people that make them ultimately have their own prejudices and agenda that influence their work. As the saying goes, 'a picture is worth a thousand words'... Anyway, great site by the way...

Posted by Scott on August 25, 2001 at 16:13:32:
In Reply to: My opinion... posted by King George on Aug. 23, 2001 at 14:07:23:

Hollywood responsible? Won't happen. They only care about the bottom-line... money. They need black and white, so ultra-saintly heroes and ultra-villains are born. All we can hope for is that the surrounding publicity gets people wondering and they will go find out the truth. It's sad that Hollywood movies have now become classrooms for so many people who are supposed to be educated.

PatriotResource.com original content and design Copyright © 1999- Scott Cummings, All Rights Reserved. Privacy Statement