Background: The Hijackers - Mohammed Atta
Dates of Birth Used
:September 1, 1968
: Hollywood, Fla; Coral Springs, Fla; Hamburg, Germany
: Believed to be a pilot
- Enrolled at Hamburg Technical University in Germany;
- Began sharing an apartment with another eventual hijacker, Marwan Al-Shehhi;
- Got a Florida driver's license and bought a red Pontiac.
- Moved to Venice, Florida and enrolled in classes at Huffman Aviation.
- Withdrew from Hamburg Technical University;
- attended the SimCenter flight school at the Opa-locka Airport.
- Moved out of his residence in Hamburg, Germany; returned to Florida not long after;
May 2, 2001
- Arrived back in the United States using a visa issued in Hamburg;
@May 16, 2001
- Rented an appartment in Hollywood, Florida;
- practiced flying at the Palm Beach County Airport;
August 25, 2001
- Established a frequent-flier number on the American Airlines website;
August 28, 2001
- Purchased a ticket on Flight 11 with a Visa card; assigned Seat 8D
September 10, 2001
- Flew from Portland, Maine to Boston with Abdulaziz Alomari;