Contact Info
Links/Resources
Site Map
Site News
Site Search

Message Forum Archives

Re: Several things I'm sure you all know

Posted by Scott on June 29, 2001 at 09:39:44:
In Reply to: Several things I'm sure you all know posted by Mike on June 29, 2001 at 08:52:17:

Mike,
I don't argue with any of the comments in your post, but since you opened your post with a question, then I'd like to pose a question to you. Did you actually look around the site, at least the part that concerns itself with the film? If you had, you would have found the Fact or Fiction section that discusses Francis Marion's poorer qualities, the real Nazi church burning incident and several other oversights that you did not mention.

This site was not developed to be a homage to Mel Gibson, or his movie. It was developed to explore American Revolutionary War Era history. The movie serves as a gateway, but I do not hesitate in pointing out its shortcomings.

You basically call those who come to the site ignorant, but undermine your argument by revealing your own ignorance of the
content of the site.

Yes, it was the Empire on which the sun never set, but I'm sure there are those in India and Africa who do not consider the British Empire the "greatest empire ever." You British have your own share of skeletons in the closet.

The forum was put up for thoughtful discussion.

Scott Cummings

Follow Ups:

PatriotResource.com original content and design Copyright © 1999- Scott Cummings, All Rights Reserved. Privacy Statement