Saturday, September 15, 2001
- President George W. Bush makes his Weekly Radio Address
- President Bush, Secretary of State Powell and Attorney General Ashcroft make remarks from Camp David
- Systems tests begin for Monday opening at the Stock Exchange.
- Department of Defense Briefing on Pentagon Renovation
- Islamic Jihad
are "pleased", but deny responsibility for 9-11 attacks.
by White House Press Secretary Ari Fleischer.
- Stock Exchange systems tests reported successful.
- Iran closes its border with Afghanistan to prevent refuges.
states that its fight is with Israel alone and denies responsibility for 9-11 attacks.
- Officials request hair and toothbrushes from families to acquire DNA samples for identification of remains at Pennsylvania Crash Site