The Patriot Film Fact or Fiction: Battles
Four major battles depicted or alluded to in The Patriot:
1. Charleston - the battle is not shown, but the results serve as a time transition in the movie.
2. Camden - the battle that Gabriel and Benjamin observe after they have both left to join the war effort.
3. Unnamed - the climactic battle.
4. Yorktown - the battle barely shown during Mel Gibson's closing narration.
Five actual battles are the basis for the battles in The Patriot:
These four battles were actually based on five real battles:
1. The British possession of Charleston resulted from the Siege of Charleston, which took place from April 2, 1780 to May 12, 1780.
2. Camden was based on the real Battle of Camden, which was fought on August 16, 1780.
3. The Unnamed battle was based on elements from both the Battle of Cowpens, fought on January 17, 1781, and the Battle of Guilford Courthouse on March 15, 1781.
4. Yorktown, which is barely shown, is based on the real Battle of Yorktown, which fought between September 28, 1781 and October 19, 1781.
Related Items Available at eBay - Scroll for additional items
PatriotResource.com original content and design Copyright © 1999-2019; Scott Cummings, All Rights Reserved. Privacy Statement