"Just the good ole' boys. Never meanin' no harm. Beats all you never saw been in trouble with the law since the day they was born. Straightenin' the curves. Flattenin' the hills. Someday the mountain might get 'em but the law never will. Makin' their way the only way they know how. That's just a little bit more than the law will allow. Just the good ole' boys. Wouldn't change if they could. Fightin' the system like a to-modern day Robin Hood."
The Duke family race around Hazzard County foiling bad guys and Boss Hogg, while playing cat and mouse with Sheriff Roscoe P. Coltrane.
- Luke Duke (Tom Wopat) is the older male Duke cousin.
- Bo Duke (John Schneider) is the younger blond male Duke cousin.
- Daisy Duke (Catherine Bach) is Bo and Luke's short-shorts-wearing female cousin.
- Uncle Jesse (Denver Pyle) is the wise old patriarch of the Duke family.
- Boss Hogg (Sorrell Booke) is the corrupt power of the county.
- Sheriff Roscoe P. Coltrane (James Best) sold out to Boss Hogg when his pension was voted down.
- Enos (Sonny Shroyer) is the näive incorruptable (except for Daisy) deputy.
- Cooter Davenport (Ben Jones) is the Dukes' friend and a mechanic.
- The Balladeer (Waylon Jennings) is the narrator.
- Deputy Cletus Hogg (Rick Hurst) is Boss Hogg's nephew.
- Coy Duke (Byron Cherry) is another Duke cousin
- Vance Duke (Christopher Mayer) is yet another Duke cousin
- Lulu Coltrane Hogg (Peggy Rea) is Roscoe P. Coltrane's sister and Boss Hogg's wife.
- General Lee is the Dodge Charger car that Bo and Luke drive around Hazzard County.